Watch The Friends Online Auction 2022 Kickoff Video:
NorthKey Community Care developed from a community-based effort to bring high-quality, comprehensive and accessible services to the Northern Kentucky region. We have been fortunate throughout our history to have support from a broad spectrum of residents in the communities we serve.
The organization now known as “The Friends of NorthKey” (The Friends) formed in 1970 and then officially incorporated in 1981 to assist the Northern Kentucky Mental Health-Mental Retardation Regional Board (now NorthKey Community Care) in increasing awareness of mental health issues, reducing the stigma associated with seeking services and supporting the mental health treatment efforts in the region.
Today, this group of lively and energetic supporters continues its efforts and fundraising to support these activities and the services offered by NorthKey Community Care.
The Friends, a group of volunteers, graciously dedicates their time and efforts to selfless service of this cause. In addition, generous community donations of resources, personal time and funds help The Friends continue their mission to reduce the stigma associated with seeking mental health, substance use and developmental disabilities services and support services throughout the Northern Kentucky region.
The Friends donate their time and efforts towards a multitude of activities. The following is just a short list of the fruits of their recent efforts:
- Provided supporting funds to enhance the renovations of numerous NorthKey office locations;
- Awarded scholarships to clients and family members of clients to enable them to pursue their higher education dreams;
- Purchased therapy supplies and school supplies for youth receiving services at NorthKey;
- Hosted a summer picnic for NorthKey clients and their families;
- Hosted a Halloween party, with entertainment, for clients and their families;
- Hosted a Christmas party, with gifts, for child and adolescent clients and their families;
- Sponsored awards lunches for clients at NorthKey’s Adult Day Training sites;
- Donated funds to purchase holiday meals for NorthKey families;
- Provided supporting funds to NorthKey’s housing assistance services to purchase essential living and necessary household items for clients;
- Donated clothing, shoes, groceries, and other essentials for clients struggling during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Any many more!