NorthKey Community Care (NorthKey) is excited to announce that we have been awarded the Community Mental Health Center Grant (CMHC Grant) to expand mental health services in Northern Kentucky, including Kenton, Boone, Campbell, Grant, Pendleton, Carroll, Owen, and Gallatin counties. The CMHC Grant is awarded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) to assist Community Mental Health Centers in expanding and supplementing mental health services impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic. NorthKey plans to use the grant funds to expand mental health services for children and adults with Severe Emotional Disturbances (SED), Severe Mental Illness (SMI), and Substance Use along with SMI or SED (Co-Occurring Disorders). Grant funds will be used for the following services:
- Mobile Care Clinics – Establish two mobile care clinics that will bring integrated behavioral health and primary care options to our urban and rural communities, and will partner with local businesses and community organizations to provide access to additional integrated behavioral health and primary care services.
- Crisis Services Expansion – Become a National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (988) certified provider. Learn more about the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (988) here.
- School-Based Services – Expand services within Northern Kentucky schools to ensure that children experiencing SED have access to the necessary therapy and medication management services within their school.
- Treatment for Incarcerated Individuals – Help to provide quick access to mental health and co-occurring treatment services to those who are incarcerated in Northern Kentucky jails.
- Transition Age Youth Team – Create a wraparound team including a Nurse Practitioner, Case Manager, Supported Employment Specialist, and Peer Support Specialist to provide more intensive treatment to individuals ages 16-26 who may be experiencing first episode psychosis or are at clinical high risk for psychosis.
- Education – Provide education and training to our own staff to help address their continued training and mental health needs, and provide education to the community to help increase knowledge and awareness of mental health needs in Northern Kentucky.
Since 1966, NorthKey has been providing quality mental health, substance use, and developmental disability services, and we continue to be committed to providing quality care in our Northern Kentucky community, including in Kenton, Boone, Campbell, Grant, Pendleton, Carroll, Owen, and Gallatin counties. This expansion of services will help NorthKey continue our mission of Transforming Lives and Communities Through Excellence in Mental Health, Substance Use, and Developmental Disability Services. With the additional assistance from the CMHC Grant we can help grow our mental health services and take them directly to those who need them most.
To stay up to date on all our new services please be sure to follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, or visit our website at www.northkey.org.