Therapeutic Rehabilitation is a goal-oriented program for adults with serious long-term mental illnesses (SMI). The program is designed to ensure that persons with psychiatric disabilities possess those physical, emotional, and intellectual skills needed to live, learn, and work in their own environments. Therapeutic Rehabilitation emphasizes skill building within a supportive environment.
Objectives for clients in the program include:
- Learn and maintain activities of daily living so that living in the least restrictive environment is possible.
- Improve communication, expressive and social skills.
- Develop skills needed to use community resources and support services.
- Gain understanding of mental illness and how it impacts their daily life.
- Learn decision-making skills to enhance quality of life.
- Increase sense of identity and self-esteem.
- Prepare for employment by improving job readiness skills.