NorthKey Community Care developed from a community-based effort to bring high-quality, comprehensive and accessible services to the Northern Kentucky region. We have been fortunate throughout our history to have support from a broad spectrum of residents in the communities we serve.
The organization now known as “The Friends of NorthKey” (The Friends) formed in 1981 to assist the Northern Kentucky Mental Health-Mental Retardation Regional Board (now, NorthKey Community Care) increase awareness of mental health issues, reduce the stigma associated with seeking services and to support the treatment efforts in the region. Today this group of lively and energetic supporters continues its efforts and fundraising to support these activities and the services offered by NorthKey Community Care.
The Friends, a group of volunteers, graciously dedicates their time and efforts to selfless service of this cause. In addition, generous community donations of resources, personal time and funds help The Friends continue their mission to reduce the stigma associated with seeking mental health, substance use and developmental disabilities services and support services throughout the region.
The Friends donate their time and efforts for a multitude of activities. The following is just a short list of the fruits of their recent efforts:
- Provided supporting funds to enhance the renovation of NorthKey’s Madison Avenue office location;
- Purchased therapy supplies and school supplies for youth receiving services at several NorthKey office locations;
- Hosted a summer picnic for clients and their families;
- Hosted a Halloween party, with entertainment, for clients and their families;
- Hosted a Christmas party, with gifts, for the clients and their families;
- Sponsored awards lunches for clients at NorthKey’s Adult Day Training sites;
- Donated turkeys for IMPACT family Thanksgiving baskets;
- Provided supporting funds to NorthKey’s IMPACT program to offer targeted support to clients and their families over the Christmas holiday;
- Provided supporting funds to NorthKey’s housing assistance services to purchase essential living and necessary household items for clients;
The efforts and activities of The Friends are made possible by donations from the larger community. If you wish to support The Friends efforts to reduce stigma associated with seeking mental health, substance use and developmental disabilities services and support the services offered by the NorthKey Community Care, please consider a donation.